Setting Up your Analytics Account
Establishing A Google Analytics account will help provide you valuable insights into the traffic levels and behavior of your site visitors. It can also be paired in your Google Marketing Platform to your Google Ads account.
Establishing Your Google Analytics Account:
Start by ensuring you have logged into your google account. Then proceed to the Google Analytics Suite of your Marketing Platform.
Click Sign In or Start For Free.
Creating Your First Account
(Note: You may add additional properties inside of an existing account.)
Navigate to the Admin options of your analytics dashboard. This is located in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
Click Create Account in the first column.
Follow the Steps Below:
- Designate your account name (You may title this anyway you like)
2. Name Your Property (This can be the same as your Account name)
3. Select an industry category, business size, and how you intend to use Google Analytics. Afterwards, select "create".
4. Accept the Terms of Service
5. Set up a Stream
You can obtain your site tracking ID by setting up a "stream", which is a source of data for your property. You can select a "Web" stream.
6. Add your website's url and create a stream name (it can be the same as your account's name). Afterwards, select "create stream"
7. Underneath "Global Site Tag", you'll find the tracking code. Copy the Code snippet shown in FULL.
Placing your Tracking Code on your website
Navigate to the admin login of your AgentFire website. This is located at /wp-admin/
In your admin sidebar, navigate to:
Settings > AgentFire Settings > Header/Footer Metas & Scripts
Paste your Google Analytics Tracking Code in the Header after opening tag area.
Congratulations, your site is will now track and display analytics data in your analytics dashboard.
- Your site pages are cached on a global CDN network. Your analytics script will not immediately publish to your live site. The caching period is 4 hours.
- You will need to wait a minimum of 24hrs for your Google Analytics dashboard to begin displaying data.
- Once you have completed your analytics setup, consider setting up a webmaster dashboard with Bing: Setting up A Bing Webmaster Account